Thursday, October 16, 2008

Photo Hunt Challenge 6

This Challenge was a photo hunt some of these photos will also be loaded in my gallery at Scrapbooks.com so if you want to see more of my other scrapbook pages and stuff you can head over there.

I was able to get some of the items but not all. First up is a perfume bottle. I'm actually pretty excited about this shot. It's my Vera Wang Princess perfume, and I caught the light coming through the cool cut bottle one morning while getting ready for work. I know I know, why are you late Carol, well I had to get the picture of my perfume bottle for my blog. (Luckily I wasn't late.)Next up was fall leaves or leaves on the ground. Well here in the San Francisco Bay where it's Hotober instead of October we don't usually get those beautiful change of seasons. If we do it'll last for about a day. But here are some pretty fall reddish brown leaves on a bush in front of my Mother-in-laws house.
Pumpkins was on the list because we know you got to have a pumpkin picture in the fall. Actually I had planned to go to the store and take pictures of the traditional pumpkins, but my mother-in-law gave me this really different one. So I used it.

Fruit. Yep this is my apple from my lunch sitting in the window at work. Not much else to say about that one. Oh except it was rather tasty. I actually took my camera to work, thinking I might get a picture of a bird, cool bug, or even a squirrel, but I was actually busy that day.

Okay this one is for cozy. Yep that's my dear hubby Brett and our beautiful daughter Brinn, cuddling in dad's recliner to watch the debut of the Star Wars cartoon. They weren't impressed with the cartoon, but Brinn loves her cuddle time with daddy. What could be more cozy.

I'm not sure what kind of door knobs you have in your house, but mine are pretty uninteresting, so for the first time I just played around in PSE6 to see what I could do with it. Still weird, but it is a door knob.
Favorite Book. So if you read my "about me" on my blog, or ventured over to my other blog then it really should come as no surprise that the Bible is my favorite book. But this is one of my favorite books in the Bible Ephesians. The flowers are actually my silk bouquet from my wedding. And my husband always tells me he wants to be an Ephesians 5 husband.
This is another picture of my Bible. It's also special to me because it was given to me by my sister, when I first gave my life to Jesus. I've had it for 9 years, and it's getting worn, but I don't want a new one. Dr. Charles Stanley says the dirtier the pages of your Bible the cleaner your heart is. This is a combo shot. The book is actually next to a picture yep of me. The book is the current Bible Study I'm working on and it's been really challenging to me, it's all on my other blog. The picture of me is a lifetime ago when I modeled in my early 20's. But I thought they went well together.
Okay last but not least was the call for something with more than 2 legs. And this is yep you guessed it our Dog. Nakita the Amazing Wiener Pit. This is how she greets me each morning when I come out of the shower to get dressed. "Time for my tummy rubs."



And this is Nikita or Niksie as we call her as she watches me get ready for work every morning. She's my bud. "Mom do you have to go to work, can't we just stay home and have you rub my tummy?"That's it that's all I got for this challenge. One tip, when doing a photo hunt, it helps if you actually leave your house to get shots of things like wild birds and bridges. Oh well not bad for a home body.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great - I've loved seeing more of your world. Who started this challenge? How'd you get onto it, and can anyone join in? I love doing things like this...

Jane F. Smith said...

These are GREAT photos!! wow...you modeled?? very cool!!! wonderful job on all of these...like the way the door knob looks!!

Liz said...

I love it!!!!!
I can't wait to spend more time looking through your blogs. Your family is beautiful and your photography inspiring!

Heaven said...

I love the picture of the perfume bottle and the doorknob. I can't wait to look at more! I don't know how I got to your blog, but glad I did. I love the way pictures tell stories.

Blessings!

Mel said...

great shots Carol! You did a great job! Life is starting to get a little crazy and I'm a little behind on my challenge but it's fun looking at everyone else's!